Monday, October 12, 2015

MEStrength Review

Disclaimer: I received MEStrength to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


I'm going to cut to the chase and tell you straight out that I LOVE MeStrength! I have never been a sports drink lover because it is usually way too sweet and either loaded with calories or sweetened with something that gave me a headache. I had heard good things about MEStrength so I was eager to give it a shot....and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it didn't taste overly sweet and was even a little tart! It also has no calories. This can be a bad thing because aspartame which gives me a migraine and I had never (to my knowledge) had anything made with stevia. From my experience with the drink I am very happy that I had no adverse reactions to stevia as a sweetener!

In addition to the flavor, the electrolytes it provides are obviously a good thing. Running in Florida means sweating a lot. Like a lot a lot. So getting/staying hydrated can be a big concern. 

Now if you are anything like me, by which I mean not a scientist or nutritionist, ingredients and benefits can be a little baffling. I loved this diagram on MEStrength's website that breaks down the difference in each of the commonly used training supplements. 
Now I am not going to get rid of my Clif Shots, but I was very impressed with how MEStrength stacked up against a lot of the drinks I have gravitated towards in the past. 

One last perk that I really appreciated is the fact that it comes in sleeves that you pour into a water bottle. This not only means less wasted packaging, but also less bulk to carry around. I can get it through airport security or pour it into the bottle of water I carry to work. I actually intend to carry a couple packs on me when I run my 50k in December for some mid race hydration. That's something you can't do with a bottle!

Overall I highly recommend MEStrength  if you are looking for a source of electrolytes without the sugary sweet taste! 

Have questions about my experience with MEStrength? Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment