Sunday, February 21, 2016

Bulu Box Review: My first subscription box service

Disclaimer: I received a three month subscription to Bulu Box to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

Are you a subscription box lover? I have always been a bit skeptical because I am not a huge fan of surprises.  I like to know what I am buying before it comes home with me.  However, I have always been interested in trying small samples of stuff before I commit to buying a full size package.  Bulu Box was the perfect way to test the subscription box waters!

When you sign up for Bulu Box they give you the option to choose between a more weight loss focused box or general box with their usual mix of healthy snacks and supplements.  I went with the regular box since running is usually all I need to stay at a good weight.

One of the first things I noticed about Bulu Box was that they had very good communication.  When you sign up for a box you get an email that lets you know when it will be mailed.  Once it is mailed they send another email with the tracking information.  

When I go the email that my first box was on the way I was so excited! Unfortunately due to weather further north it didn't make it on the originally projected date (obviously through no fault of Bulu Box) and I had to wait a couple more days for it to get here.  Having the tracking number was amazing though, because I could be sure that it hadn't just been delivered to the wrong address instead.

When the box got to me I was so excited to see the variety of samples and goodies it held!  What made it even better was that it had many products that I would not otherwise have tried because I would not want to commit to a full size purchase.  


The one concern I had about the first box was that perhaps my idea of healthy and the Bulu Box idea of healthy were not quite on the same page.  While the fruit sticks looked promising, I am not usually a fan of weight loss enhancing pills or energy patches.  That said, I was more than willing to hold out final judgement for the second and third boxes.  I will say that I was not impressed at all with the protein brownie (all protein taste, no brownie taste) but fell in LOVE with the fruit snacks.  Maybe I am just a kid at heart, but they made the perfect mid-run pick me up when I hit the trails and needed just a bit of sugar to keep me going.  They were also great in airports and the friends I shared them with also shared my enthusiasm!



The second box was much more up my ally. 


 It arrived on time this time around (thank you weather for cooperating!) and it had many more samples that I was very interested in from the start.  It included protein powder, some fizzy energy drink mix, hand lotion and a honey cough remedy.  Of course this is the one winter that I didn't get my crazy cough so I haven't had occasion to try the honey.  Not that I am complaining about not having a cough...but I am keeping the samples on hand for when it eventually comes!  Of the things I have tried from the box, the chocolate peanut butter protein powder is my favorite! I tried it in my oatmeal for a little boost of flavor and nutrition and loved it.



I am still anxiously awaiting my third box in the mail and can't wait to share the goodies with you!

Overall I am much more interested in Bulu Box in particular and subscription boxes in general after this experience.  I think it helped me when the first box didn't fit my interests all that well but the second one was much better.  The price for Bulu Box is only $10 a month ($5 is you use the code BIBRAVE5 ) and it is really fun to know that there are fun new things waiting in your mailbox at the end of a long workday.

Have you tried Bulu Box? Do you enjoy subscription boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment