Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?
I got my dog back yesterday ! So that was obviously the highlight of my weekend.  I can't even begon to say how grateful I am to have an amazing friend that was willing to keep Hank until we found an apartment to keep him in.  We went for a celebratory walk to Panera and had a dinner snack.


I spent Saturday at work and most of yesterday running errands, watching way too many Disney movies on ABC Family, and painting furniture to test my mad skills before I get started on my china hutch!  (I get it today...in like 2.5 hours)
Like how amazing is this thing!?  It was even on a super great sale and I got it for dirt cheap.  I have been playing with chalk paint all weekend to get ready for the great china hutch redo.
I actually went to an antique store yesterday and was amazed at the price tags on old china hutches that had been "shabby chiced."  Most were upwards of $300 which just seems crazy to me.  I guess I have watched enough Flea Market Flip that it shouldn't be that surprising anymore.  Maybe I need to get into that industry!

I apologize in advance...with getting this new apartment I have gone into a frenzy trying to get it put together and decorated at least a little.  Of course I am avoiding unpacking like the plague, but I like to day dream about decorating.  I may create another blog to post all my decorating and crafting adventures so I don't totally overrun this one!

That said, I found a convenient new trail near my house (it's an urban style trial so it's paved, but at least it's not a sidewalk) and kept driving past it longingly since it was either a million degrees and humid or a million degrees and pouring rain so hard you couldn't see your hand in front of your face all weekend.  That's just not my cup of tea.  I need to stop making excuses though, because there is also a fitness center at our apartment complex, I just haven't been brave enough to go check it out yet!  Tonight might be the night.

That was about the extent of my weekend! I think I need to find friends that do fun and exciting things so I can live vicariously through them!

3 comments: