Wednesday, May 21, 2014

If you want to know who I am

 Me in a nutshell:
My name is Jessica and I am 25 years old. I used to hate running with a passion; now I am still not so sure how I feel about it but I do it a lot.  I have run a ten mile trail race, but I will be doing my first 5k and 10k this weekend.
I am a Washington state transplant living in sunny North Carolina, so the improved weather makes running much more enjoyable. I will never stop hating humidity though.
I have an awesome dog named Hank. He is the very best running buddy I could ever ask for...most days. Some days we have to bark at every squirrel and pee on every tree/bush/rock/dirt clod/etc. and I would like to tie him to a tree and come back for him later.  But I like to focus on the good days.  Besides, he is super cute :)


Training:
I am currently in the process of building up my mileage.  In August I have decided to start the Hal Higdon Intermediate Marathon training plan so I need to be ready.  I will be running (walking/crawling) my first marathon in November!  If anyone else is doing the Space Coast Marathon (or half!) in Cocoa, FL hit me up! I would love to make some new friends.
Today I ran four miles...which put me at a total of 12 miles for the week.  Not where I need to be, but better than where I started!

No comments:

Post a Comment