Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Moving Life

Fun fact: I have never had to try to make friends before and it is a bit terrifying!

I lived in the same house my entire life until I went to college.  I had known many of my friends since kindergarten. I went to a really small school so nobody really knew anybody so it was easy to make friends quickly.  Since college I have never moved to a place where I didn't know anyone. I made friends, of course, but there was never a lot of pressure to meet new people because I knew at least a few people already.

Moving to Florida has been like hitting a big "reset" button on my life and I am at a bit of a loss.  Of course Charlie is here (aka the majority of the reason I moved) but between his work and school schedule we only see each other at night usually.  I have been interviewing for jobs but mostly playing the waiting game.  This leaves me with a whole lot of "me time" to fill.  Don't get me wrong, I love me time.  But I really want my running buddy back and I really want to text a friend to go see Pitch Perfect 2.

It's probably bad that I am already going stir crazy after just three days!  This week Pure Barre has really been my saving grace.  If I hadn't already signed up for the class this afternoon I probably would have laid in bed all day being a total bum.  I know once I find a job I will miss all this free time, but now I am ready to get into some sort of work routine!

Speaking of Pure Barre, today was my third class (three days in a row! woot woot!) and it was probably the worst my legs have shaken ever.  I am loving it, but I am wondering if/when I am supposed to take a day off.  I am signed up for a class tomorrow and Saturday, but not Friday so I am thinking maybe that will be a good day to rest my poor little muscles.  I can already see a difference in my body and I can feel it even more than I see it!  I am so impressed but not all that surprised since I can feel all my muscles working their hardest in class. 

One perk of alone time is that I get to sit and type this in Panera without worrying that I am keeping someone waiting or that I will stay up too late and regret it in the morning.

The new strawberry poppyseed chicken salad at Panera is also pretty life changing.

In the last bit of my rambling news, I am still impatiently waiting for our engagement pictures to be done. We took them last Thursday and should have them back this week...sometime.  Between waiting for those and waiting to hear back after interviews I might lose my mind.  I think this is why I have no patience for things right now.

If you stuck around through all that, thank you.  I am working on getting my mojo back and will be spending Friday getting my blogging act together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment