HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Today am linking up with Mar on the Run, You Signed Up for What?, and Eat Pray Run DC for the Friday Five link up. If you haven't checked it out already you should...it's a great way to discover new blogs about running and fitness :)
It is officially the first day of 2016 so naturally I want to share with you my five resolutions for 2016!
Are you a resolution setter? I am very goal oriented in general so I am always setting some sort of new intention to work towards. However, I like to think of the New Year as an opportunity to reset my focus and narrow down some of my big goals for the year. SO without further ado, here are the things I want to accomplish in 2016!
1) Do yoga every day: I always feel better after I do yoga, but it can be hard to carve out time for what feels like a luxury when I am crunched for time. This year, however, I will make it a priority to do at least a little bit of yoga each day. I have already made a chart to fill in each day I practice. The most exciting part is that, even without knowing I was setting this goal, Charlie got me a Manduka yoga mat for Christmas so I am even more motivated!
2) Run 100 miles each month: This is a resolution that I already know I will struggle to accomplish, but it is also a goal that I am ok with working towards each month. 100 miles per month is a pretty big goal, but I think it can be reasonable for me and it is challenging enough to keep me going. This goal will also keep more more motivated to keep a record of all the miles I do run and to improve throughout the year. I might have to work out some sort of reward incentive for the months I do hit my goal...perhaps a trip to the lululemon outlet will be in order ;)
3) Blogging at least five times per week: There is no denying that I slacked off on my blogging towards the end of 2015. I lost focus and told myself I was too busy. Blogging is something I enjoy so I want to make it more of a priority in 2016. Consistency can mean different things so this may be a goal that chagnes through the year, but I think it is a good place to start.
4) Take a picture every day: In college I took a ton of pictures. Pictures of everything. Now I find that I do not take as many and so many days disappear into the hustle and bustle of life. I want to make a 2016 album on Facebook and upload a picture per day so I have something to look back on on New Years Eve next year!
5) Start my own business: This is probably the biggest and scariest goal on my list. I want to start my business online through Etsy and possibly at local craft fairs. It is a huge leap that I keep putting off for so many reasons, but 2016 is going to be the year that I chase my goals and dreams!
And that a wrap! I am so excited to see what this year will bring and to challenge myself to be my best self in 2016.
What are your goals for the new year?!