Monday, March 28, 2016

A Sluggish Run and Big News!

Hey everybody!
I just got done with the most awful run I have had in a while.  There was nothing really wrong with it and I got about the pace I was aiming for...but it was hot and humid and sucked.  While I am glad we don't do the whole snow thing down here, I would sure be happy to be included in spring weather!
Today was also the first day I broke out my tiny little flat shoes so I should really be thanking the heat for preventing me from pushing too hard and hurting myself (again)!
I meant to run the first mile in 11 minutes and the second mile in 10. I dawdled a little more than I meant to in the first mile and it was actually closer to 11:30.  The second mile was closer to my goal and came in at about 10:15.  I know I am not breaking any land speed records here, but I am proud of myself for setting a goal and sticking to it.  I don't usually go out with a speed goal, just a "get this certain distance done eventually, preferably today" kind of goal.  It has worked well enough for me in the past, but I want to start going faster and setting real race goals! I am thinking of this as the first little baby step in the right direction.

In other news, if you happened to read my 2Toms review yesterday, you know that I mentioned I was making a super awesome announcement on the blog today...so here it is!!

This blog is moving homes!!!

Tomorrow morning at 8:00am (east coast time) I will be putting up the very first new post at LiveSlowRunFast.com
I hope you will stop by to check it out!
At ten o'clock tonight I will be switching my Twitter and Instagram names to @LiveSlowRunFast as well...I was going to do midnight to be all cool...but I can't stay up that late hahaha.

After almost two years on this blog it is a little bit bittersweet to be moving on, but I am so excited for the change!!!  So please be sure to stop by and say hello on the new blog tomorrow morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment