Anyways, since it is Friday, that means it is also time for my favorite blogging day of the week! Friday Five is hosted by Mar on the Run, You Signed Up for What?, and Eat Pray Run DC. If you haven't checked out this weekly link up I highly recommend doing so!
Because it was 90 degrees outside yesterday, I am going to jump on the summer time running train just a little earlier than the rest of the country...today I want to share with you my:
Five Favorite Summer Running Essentials!
1) Compression calf sleeves. I got really used to running in compression tights, but those can be a little warm in the summer months and my legs are pale enough that I need to let them see daylight occasionally. SO calf sleeves are the way to go :) I am currently running in a pair from 2XU that I am super in love with (and will be reviewing in full very very soon).
2) Good socks. When you run in the heat, you sweat. I know it's gross but it is the truth. Summer in Florida also usually means a ton of rain, which means your feet get extra wet. Good socks are essential when it comes to keeping your feet in working condition! I really like Smartwool socks for suuuuuuper soggy conditions, Wigwam socks for daily use (I just found them at Target too! Major win!), and 2XU socks (to pair with the sleeves!) when I feel like my feet need a little extra oomph!
3) Hydration system. I am obsessed with my OrangeMud Vest. Carrying water if you are going further than 5 feet becomes essential in the summer, so finding the gear that makes that work for you is just as magical as finding the right shoe.
4) Anti-chafe stuff. I have thicker thighs...you will not be finding any semblance of a thigh gap here. This means that the thigh chafing struggle is very very real and I have taken many painful showers when I either forgot to use something, or the something I used didn't work. I am currently loving the 2Toms roll on sport shield. Sure my legs get sunburnt when I run in shorts, but at least they don't chafe!
5) Something to soak up the sweat. I have several Buffs and I love them because they keep the sweat out of my eyes, which is a life saver. I sometimes have to trade out or layer though because I tend to burn my nose very easily so if there is no shade on my longer runs I can end up pretty crispy!
So there you have it! My five favorite summer running essentials!
Is it summer where you are?
What helps you beat summer running heat?!