Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Wait it's December....and I'm old!

Holy crap yall.  How is Christmas just a couple weeks away???  I owe you so many posts it is unreal!
I have a confession - I have been totally, 110% overwhelmed with life lately and I got stressed to the point where I had no idea how to start on all the things I needed to do so I just didn't do anything.  As much as I know from experience that that approach won't actually work, it tends to be my default.  Obviously work had to come first (because I need a paycheck for reals) and I was doing well to keep going with running.  Blogging, wedding planning, and a million other things disappeared off my radar.
The good news is that I got a new computer last night and it seems to be the life preserver I needed.  All of a sudden I feel like I am swimming again rather than just trying to tread water. I know how cliche that sounds, but I am just so happy that I am starting to feel like I am in control of my life again!
My house is still a disaster and I am feeling totally unprepared for the 50k I am running on Saturday.  I am still trying to figure out how I am 27 years old.  I have barely touched my Christmas shopping list.  But I am feeling ok again. I am not as overwhelmed as I was a day ago. I don't want to hide from the world.  Things are looking up!

What does that mean for the blog? I am going to get back to posting regularly! I know...it's a shocker right? I will be posting a race review for the Holiday 5K in Celebration, FL later this week and then roll on to some updates about wedding planning (because apparently that is happening in just over three months?!) and getting prepared for my very first 50k this weekend.

Spoiler alert: one of my New Year's resolutions is going to be posting on a regular basis all year long so I am trying to get a head start!

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment