Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday Miles: 9/14

I think I'm finally getting in the swing of actually training...minus a couple days that were a wash getting ready for my mom to get here. When it got to crunch time unpacking and cleaning had to trump running. Totally worth it!

Monday through Wednsday I went for three mile ish runs in the morning then yesterday, Sunday, I went for my first longish run in a while! I did run/walk intervals of 3 minutes running and 1 minute walking. I made it seven miles and still felt great. I wanted to go a little longer but the sun was going down fast!!


The Urban Bourbon Half Marathon is coming up fast and the Masters of All Terrain 50k is just under 3 months away so I am glad I am off to a solid start. I think I will use the run/walk method for both races. It's not the fastest in the short run, but over time I think it will improve my time overall because I'm not as exhausted as early. 

I am excited to be getting back into a training schedule and getting some structure back in my life!

How is your early fall running going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment