Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dream Big...or dream of big group runs

I love doing Wishful Wednesday because it really gives me a chance to think about my goals and dreams and where I want to go with my running. I am not the type of person who can just run because it is fun. I am totally hooked on running races and I have always been competitive and goal motivated!

My wish for today is that I lived somewhere with a larger and more active population. This is definitely not somewhere I see myself living forever and the next place I live I would love to be able to join a running club or at least see other people out running! In this little town I get strange looks for running/walking/riding my bike. I stated blogging and getting involved in social media because I enjoy talking about my running and fitness adventures and hearing about what other people are doing (aka living vicariously through their cool experiences) but it's hard to find people in real life to talk to!
Forever my favorite workout buddy of course!


The good news is that it's only 11 weeks until my travel season for work starts and I can usually find a travel buddy or two who would also like to be my gym buddy! Today I am just wishing for a point in my life when I can find a workout buddy that's a little more long term!

If weather cooperates I'll hopefully be back later with a workout update!

My questions for you:
Are you in a running group or do you have a running buddy? Is it all it's cracked up to be or am I just wishing for what I can't have? Do you live in a fitness friendly town?

No comments:

Post a Comment