Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wishful Wednesday: bowl full of cherries

Nearly seven years ago I packed up my life and moved 3,000 miles away from my friends and family to go to college.  YOLO wasn't a thing then, but I think the guiding principle behind my move as similar.  This was the big defining moment everyone talks about all your life and I wasn't going to waste it.  I was throwing caution to the wind, following my dreams, and making a big jump.

Well I've graduated college and been in the real world a while now and I have to admit to a little disappointment.  I didn't get fabulously homesick, I didn't magically become a proper southern belle.  Sure the whole town essentially shuts down if there is any hint of snow and sometimes this humidity stuff gets so thick I'm not sure I will be able to breathe.  But life in North Carolina really isn't so different from life at home.

What I really miss is all the awesome produce from home. I got lucky and was able to visit during asparagus season. But as much as I love watermelon, I am wishing from a huge bowl of fresh off the tree cherries today!

What is your favorite food that's hard to find away from home?

No comments:

Post a Comment