Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Brunch

I love brunch.  It is probably my favorite meal of all time.  You get awesome breakfast food plus lunch food if you want it.  And it usually happens late enough in the day to actually be awake and enjoy it!
I also love that it is laid back and a great time to get together with friends to talk about your lives.
So Sundays are now for sitting down with a cup of coffee and writing about a week of life in general.

Yesterday was my long run for the week. I overslept so it was getting really hot by the time I was getting to the last couple miles.  A lot of times I think a lot during my runs, but yesterday I just zoned out and thought about running and it was nice.  I had a few life chats with wild animals (a deer and a squirrel specifically) trying to coach them in how to cross the road and live to tell about it.  "Fancy" also came up on my playlist right as I started the last half mile and was convinced I was going to die.  So that was convenient and gave me a good push.


My favorite pre-run breakfast!

KT Tape is also my favorite.  My foot was the only thing that wasn't sore at the end of the run!

I had a life talk with this deer about how to cross the road safely.
I tried the Gatorade energy chews on my long run.  I bought them because they were on sale but I am not a fan at all!  I also disliked the GU Chomps when I tried those.  I have a GU pouch to try yet.  Hopefully I like those but if not I am going back to Clif Shot Bloks.  I also want to try the energy beans from Jelly Belly though!

I tried the new Ben & Jerry's Core ice cream too.  Holy cow yall.  It is life changing!  I am a little lactose intolerant but it was totally worth it.

I also had this delicious salad.  I am on a salad kick again :)


I am usually not hungry at all for a while after a run, but when the hungry feeling kicks in I eat everything I can find.  It's almost awkward to go out in public after because I don't know if I am going to get hungry two hours after a run or if it will wait and kick in much later  Sometimes it isn't until the next day.  I stuff my purse with every kind of snack and never let myself run out because I will turn into a bit of a monster until I find food.

I finished yesterday with a Cookie Dough iced coffee from Dunkin'.  I had a coupon for a free donut so that was a great breakfast this morning.  But seriously..I am obsessed with that coffee!


This morning the plan was to "sleep in." Of course this actually meant I was up and on my bike headed to get a newspaper by 7:30.  Then I crawled back in bed with a vanilla chai (from powder because Starbucks is way too far away) and watched That Awkward Moment.  It was pretty cute and funny and not nearly as chick-flick-y as I thought it was going to be. The boyfriend came over later and we watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. we both enjoyed it but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.  Neither one are getting added to the DVD collection any time soon.

We also made a pizza...with left-over taco chicken.  It was delicious and I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! I love leftovers.

Biking about 2.5 miles today was what I counted as my "cross-training." I realized yesterday on my run that I need to get more serious about cross-training but I have no idea what to do.  I might try making Sundays hot yoga days for the summer.  I do not have access to a gym so swimming/stationary bike are out.  And other than that I really have no idea what is supposed to count as cross-training. Help?

In another help category: does anyone listen to podcasts while running? If so do you have any recommendations?  I have never actually listened to a podcast in my life and I am curious to see if I would enjoy it but the options are a little overwhelming.  I considered audio books then tried it out and realized I am not good enough at paying attention to really get what is happening after about fifteen minutes.

Tomorrow it is back to the real world for another five days!  Have an amazing week y'all!

How was your weekend?  What is your favorite cross-training option?! (I am desperate clearly lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment