Monday, June 23, 2014

Mega-planning Monday

I suppose it is only fitting that I procrastinated my post about planning.  Go figure!
Confession: I originally wanted it to be Meal Prep Monday but I realized I spend about half the year traveling and not cooking for myself. So that seemed silly.  I think it can still be part of my Mega Planning though :)

Food for the week: (this is vital because when I don't plan ahead I end up eating very large quantities of leftover cheesecake for lunch lol)

This week I made a sausage and rice combo to pack for lunch.  The inspiration was dirty rice...but I know this is far from accurate so please don't judge me too harshly!
I cooked up this rice and these sausages:


And mixed them together with some tomato sauce:


I was actually impressed with the results and I am excited to have lots of leftovers to pack for lunch!

I also boiled a bunch of eggs for a high protein snack:


Of course to supplement all this I also have bread, bananas, and snacks left and right. (to be highlighted on Friday of course!)  Oh and cheesecake of course:



Workouts: (because going out without a plan has not been working for me)
The plan this week is for 3 miles Tuesday, 5 miles Wednesday, 3 miles Thursday, and 10 miles Saturday.  The weather has been nuts so I am going to get up and run before work this week.  For reals this time.  Typing this is like an official announcement so I have to be accountable now haha. Monday and Friday are scheduled rest days (yay) and Sunday is supposed to be cross training.  I am still searching for better ideas of what to do for this, but right now I am planning to bike again. Perhaps if I get up for my runs all week I will reward myself with a hot yoga class on Sunday.

Blog: I won't tell you what I have planned for this week, but this important part is that I have made plans for every day this week and even started rough drafting a few things!  Woah!

Question for you:
Do you plan ahead or do things on the fly?
I have to admit to being a great planner in the abstract way but struggle more to make concrete plans and carry them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment