Monday, July 28, 2014

Are you there groove?

I fell off the wagon. Hard. But I'm here and I'm back to making plans. Which is a great first step I think.

I am a perfectionist and I am competitive. In some ways this is great, but it poses a real challenge other times because if I don't feel like I am meeting my goals I get overwhelmed and burnt out pretty quickly.

So here I am after a rest, ready to create new and more manageable goals!

Besides, I love love love mega planning Monday!

On the food front I have pretty much nothing planned. I am moving soon so I'm really just attempting to live off my pantry stash so I have less to pack and carry.

Running: this week my marathon training plan officially starts! I'm using the Hal Higdon Novice plan. With a few tweaks here and there of course.
The week:
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 5 miles at race pace
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: rest
Saturday: 8 miles
Sunday: cross training

Now for the particulars. I am aiming for a 10 min/mile pace. This might be a little overly optimistic but we will see what happens. I'm going to try it a few times and reevaluate at the end of the month.

Tuesday I am going to keep trying for a 9:30 average pace and Thursday will be more of a recovery run.

The big plan for this evening is to go check out my new place! Tuesday will probably be date night. Then the rest of the week should be uneventful until I head to Raleigh again Saturday morning for Hanks last lesson then watching racing Saturday night in Rockingham.

My biggest accomplishment this past weekend was (sorta) teaching Hank to take a selfie.
It's a work in progress.
Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment