Monday, July 14, 2014

Missing the Mountains Monday

This weekend was exactly what I needed.  I will go ahead and confess that I totally skipped out of my long run, but I cross trained like a champ.  I also ran about two miles because I wanted to for the first time in a very long time.  Yay for kicking the slump in the face...finally.

I went for long walks up and down mountains every day and I have to admit that my legs on booty are still feeling it! I also rode four horses in two days.  This would not have been a big deal about 3 years ago, but now I am out of shape and don't have the same muscles I used to.

One of the ponies (ignore my super profesh riding with a halter abilities) and part of the driveway I walked)

Of course I refueled with awesome food.
If you go to Brevard, NC you have to go to Dolly's for ice cream and Julies for breakfast. It's a rule.  Also Pescado's (which I missed out on this time!) and Jet's Pizza (which I grabbed for the drive home and ate today for breakfast and dinner).  There are more too..so if you are going to Brevard hit me up. I will give you the very thorough list of awesome things to see and do :)

I also got to hang out with Duchess (the cat) and Luigi (the goat). They are pretty cool critters.


I even got to see one of my old campers and it almost made me cry...or maybe it did a tiny bit.

Now I'm back home and I have to confess I already miss the mountains terribly.  The weather down here stinks...and can literally make you stink! I have been sweating from the moment I walked out the door this morning. I think the heat index was around 105 today.  I got to give two campus tours and two barn tours, so I was walking around in the heat for nearly five hours. Super fun.

Now that I am back, it is time to plan for the rest of the week!

Food
Tomorrow night I have to cook a real dinner so I am thinking maybe stuffed peppers. Wednesday is work travel so that is a mystery...except I know I will be searching out a Dunkin Donuts for iced coffee because I am addicted! Friday is a picnic/BBQ at work for lunch and boyfriend is insisting on a date night.  So I didn't cook anything ahead this week. I have muesli and almond milk, turkey sandwiches in pita, and leftover pizza to get me through.

Workouts
Monday: Rest (which turned into walking about 4 miles in hot hot hot weather by the way!)
Tuesday: 3 miles, goal of 9:30 per mile
Wednesday: 5 miles, goal of 10:30 per mile
Thursday: 3 miles, goal of 10:00 per mile
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 12 miles, long and easy
Sunday: Cross training (TBD)

Saturday and Sunday will probably be switched because the dog has a lesson at 11 which means leaving the house by 8:30.

My goal is to do my run in the morning every day this week. Wednesday it is going to be necessary since I will be away until late and totally exhausted when I get home I am imagining.

Now it's off to SweetFrog to round out my nutritious pizza dinner haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment