Monday, September 22, 2014

Marathon Training Monday: week 8 recap

After my long run last weekend I was feeling on top of the world. This week started with the same feeling but fizzled a bit at the end.

Monday was supposed to be a rest day, but I met up with a group run going out of thru Fleet Feet in Mount Pleasant, SC for a 3.5 mile run and had a blast.

Tuesday was a long travel day so I used my Monday rest day. I also walked many miles around Charleston so I got plenty of exercise in that way.

Wednesday was 7 miles which I did on the treadmill. I couldn't remember if it was supposed to be at race pace so I did it that way just to be on the safe side. Turns out it wasn't, but I felt great finishing up at a 9:58 pace!

Thursday I picked playing with my dog over the 4 miles I was supposed to run.

Friday was rest day... which I completed successfully.

Saturday I worked all day and took my dog back to his sitter so I used all the walking at work as my cross training and figured I would do my best to fit the long run in on Sunday morning.

Sunday I woke up and decided to run the dirt road by my house for the first time.  I had no idea how long it was, but it beat dodging cars and it was close enough to my house that I could get back home in a hurry.  I got 8 miles done (of the scheduled 15) before I realized I was not going to have enough time to finish the run. Yay for traveling to college fairs on weekends lol. I tried to convince myself to finish the rest of the run last night on the treadmill when I got to the hotel, but by the time I found dinner I just wanted to go to sleep!

This week I am scheduled for 4 miles Tuesday, 7 miles at race pace on Wednesday, 4 miles on Thursday, and 13 miles on Saturday. I am considering trying to fit 4 in tonight so I have a bit of a buffer. But I don't get done with work until 8 so that might not be a real option.

This weekend will be another challenge with getting all my miles in, but I am going to try a FlyWheel class on Sunday for the first time, so I have that to look forward to!

Hope everybody is having a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment