Sunday, July 12, 2015

Everlast Vegan Protein Review

Disclaimer: I received Everlast Vegan Protein to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

 I am not a vegan, however I was excited for the opportunity to try Everlast Vegan Protein because I do have some lactose sensitivity. It's usually not a big deal, but sometimes the strangest things will upset my stomach. I am happy to report that I had no problems with this protein powder! Yay!

In addition to being vegan, it's also delicious. Like really really good. I think we've all tried a protein drink at some point and it tasted like eating sand right? Not this time. And I was far from a professional at preparing it the first time I tried it! I am actually without a kitchen and therefore without a blender at the moment. Usually my go to use for protein powder is putting it in my morning smoothie. Without a morning smoothie that was not exactly going to work. So I got the bright idea to get a pre made smoothie from Costco and pour my little packet of protein in there!
Obviously it was a little lumpy, but the lumps weren't gross. That makes it a big winner in my book.  

In the picture you will see that the sample I had was vanilla. Now we all know there are a million versions of vanilla flavor and, if you've been lured on by the smell and tasted vanilla extract, you will know that not all are yummy. This version of vanilla is like vanilla pudding. I loved it. 

Thanks to tasting it in the smoothie, I finally got up the courage to use a blender bottle for the very first time. To understand my apprehension, please refer to previous statements about gritty nasty protein drinks. The fear was there. 
Of course, now that I've tried it I don't know why I was ever nervous! I was very very happy with the results and didn't have to cringe my way through the drink reminding myself that it was good for me. I actually wanted more when it was gone!  I just used one packet of the powder and some vanilla almond milk and not only did it taste good, but it got me through the morning until lunch without any hangry moments. 

In the Florida heat I am not a big fan of real food, but I've also been told that the human body can't live on just watermelon for too long, so this is a great option for getting some nutrition without having to cook (and make more heat in the house) or eat something heavy that makes you feel gross all day. 

Overall I am a big fan of Everlast Vegan Protein. If you read the disclaimer at the top you know I got samples to try for free, but I pinkie promise I plan on ordering more!  If you want some of you r own, you can order it here: http://www.everlastnutrition.com/everlast-vp-pro-vegan-protein-mix
You can also use the discount code: BIBRAVE5% for 5% off!


1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.Vegan protein

    ReplyDelete