Happy Friday! Once again I am linking up with Mar on the Run, You Signed Up for What?, and Eat Pray Run DC for the Friday Five link up. If you haven't checked it out already you should...it's a great way to discover new blogs about running and fitness :)
This week we are talking about the Fourth of July, so I wanted to share with you my five favorite Fourth of July foods! This will be our second year spending the Fourth at the beach and I am looking forward to simple food to pack and snack on throughout the day!
1) Watermelon! I cube it up and pack ziplock bags full...and we usually eat all of it before too long.
2) Cherries! This one it a tie with watermelon for my favorite summer fruit. Nothing says summer like cherries!
3) Broccoli/cauliflower/velveeta salad. It also has bacon. I grew up eating this all summer and I love it. It does not seem to exist on Pinterest, so I'll share pics and a recipe soon!
4) Shrimp! Easy and quick to cook, and perfectly beachy though we will be eating it at home at the end of the day.
5) Pie! We are currently debating between apple and key lime pie, but you really can't go wrong with either!
Now that I'm hungry, I'm off to work then the grocery store! What are you doing for the Fourth? And what will you be eating?!