Today I am hopping back on the Friday Five linkup hosted by Mar on the Run, You Signed Up for What?, and Eat Pray Run DC. If you haven't checked it out already you should...it's a great way to discover new blogs about running and fitness. This week's topic is favorite summer activities (in case the title didn't give that away haha) and I am so excited to share!
1) Running in the evening. I am not a morning person and the days last way longer in the summer so I can actually enjoy my runs so much more.
2) Going to the beach! It's such a great feeling to sink my toes in the sand and just bum around on a beach towel. I am very excited to have moved so close to great beaches!
3) Hiking. This was a go to for me when I was living in North Carolina. I am not sure how many hiking outings I will actually get in central Florida, but I am crossing my fingers because I love just going out for the day and trekking through the woods.
4) Going to festivals/markets/concerts/cookouts. So many great events happen in the summer and I love going to new events and discovering new things to love. Summer just feels like a good time for adventures! And I love that having a party over the summer can be as easy as just firing up the grill.
5) Drinking abnormal amounts of iced coffee. Dunkin Donuts and I do some serious bonding over the summer months.
There are probably a million more things about summer that I love and could have added to the list, but those are my top five (as of right this second...if you ask me in an hour I might change my mind!)
What do you love about summer?