Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Five: Favorite Summer Activities

Happy Friday! This week flew by so fast...but that might be because I work the weekend and had Tuesday and Thursday off!
Today I am hopping back on  the Friday Five linkup hosted by Mar on the RunYou Signed Up for What?, and Eat Pray Run DC.  If you haven't checked it out already you should...it's a great way to discover new blogs about running and fitness. This week's topic is favorite summer activities (in case the title didn't give that away haha) and I am so excited to share!

1) Running in the evening. I am not a morning person and the days last way longer in the summer so I can actually enjoy my runs so much more.


2) Going to the beach! It's such a great feeling to sink my toes in the sand and just bum around on a beach towel. I am very excited to have moved so close to great beaches!



3) Hiking. This was a go to for me when I was living in North Carolina. I am not sure how many hiking outings I will actually get in central Florida, but I am crossing my fingers because I love just going out for the day and trekking through the woods.


4) Going to festivals/markets/concerts/cookouts. So many great events happen in the summer and I love going to new events and discovering new things to love. Summer just feels like a good time for adventures! And I love that having a party over the summer can be as easy as just firing up the grill.

5) Drinking abnormal amounts of iced coffee. Dunkin Donuts and I do some serious bonding over the summer months.


There are probably a million more things about summer that I love and could have added to the list, but those are my top five (as of right this second...if you ask me in an hour I might change my mind!)
What do you love about summer?

6 comments:

  1. Dunkin donuts is my fave coffee spot. All my friends are like "Starbucks Starbucks Starbucks" and I'm over here like "I run on Dunkin"
    I think they smoke Starbucks. Plus they have munchkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100% I only go to Starbucks for the Wi-Fi and seating. Dunkin tastes better and it's cheaper!

      Delete
  2. beaches are the best! we're going to do some hiking this weekend and i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I am hoping to head to the beach soon!
      Have a great hike!

      Delete
  3. Great list. Love the beach, and can't go wrong with a giant iced coffee. Frankly, it also helps with the evening running, so it's a win win situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually bribe myself with an iced coffee after I run. Very good motivation :)

      Delete