Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Try it Tuesday: Running for Brews


Confession: I actually tried this two weeks ago but held off writing this because I wanted to take pictures. My phone battery had died the first week, then when I went back last week it was raining. So apparently pictures just aren’t meant to happen! That said, I am really excited about this one!

On National Running Day I was going to go run by myself because I don’t have a local running buddy yet. Luckily I took to Twitter, Facebook, and google and managed to find an awesome group to go run with. Running for Brews started in the Tampa area and the Orlando chapter is actually celebrating their birthday this week! Every Wednesday night they meet up at Graffiti Junction (a bar), go for a 5k run that includes a partial loop around Lake Ella (aka one of my most favorite places) then meet back up for drinks, raffles, and general good fun.

I was a little nervous to try it because I am not usually a fan of being the new person in an established group. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were a lot of fellow new people, and the people that had been coming for a whole were awesome and super welcoming! Speed wasn’t really an issue and there are all sorts of paces to run with which is also great. Plus any group of runners that will sit and chat with you over beer for hours on end is a major bonus.

There are several running groups in Orlando that I am hoping to try out, but this will be my Wednesday night go to.

If you are in the Orlando area hopefully I will see you there…. it’s really pretty great J

No comments:

Post a Comment