Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Five:Things I Did This Summer

 Happy Friday! Once again I am linking up with Mar on the RunYou Signed Up for What?, and Eat Pray Run DC for the Friday Five link up.  If you haven't checked it out already you should...it's a great way to discover new blogs about running and fitness :) 

This week we are talking about five things we did this summer...I personally can't believe that summer is almost over.  I think I might be one of the few people that isn't really upset about it though.  I am looking forward to a Central Florida Fall and Winter!  It has cooled off the last few days and it is so nice to actually be able to breathe and not drown in sweat the minute you go outside!  That said, I did have a VERY eventful summer, so here are five of the awesome things that happened.

1) I quit my job and moved to Florida.  Can we talk about the best decision ever? I absolutely love it here and I do not miss the old job one bit.  There were occasional perks and I worked with some great people. But working that many hours and living in the middle of nowhere wasn't great.

2) I got a new job! I am love love loving my new job...and I have been there for about three months now so it isn't new job infatuation anymore.  Like any job it has it's ups and downs, but I love not being overtime exempt salaried.  Getting paid for the hours you work is such a novel concept at this point.  I also love that I actually have some free time.  Sure I may have to stay a little longer than scheduled occasionally, but overall there is no expectation to work late every night of the week. Not to mention i work with some pretty awesome people!

3) My fiance and I got our first apartment together. Super exciting stuff! I am loving where we are and finally having our dog here with us! We moved in almost a month ago, so naturally we are not unpacked at all...but my mom is visiting in two weeks so I need to get on that!


4) Tried a few new fitness activities. I got really into PureBarre and took a ton of classes in a three month window.  I plan on renewing my membership soon and keeping up with it...it just wasn't making financial sense at the moment.  I also went kayaking for the first time this summer and I loved it! As soon as we were on dry land I was searching Craigslist for a kayak.

5) Discovered awesome new restaurants! One of the best things about Orlando is being able to go out to eat without feeling like your only options are the mega chains (I'm looking at you Olive Garden).  There are so many amazing local restaurants and local chains that I have fallen in love with!
How amazing is this turtle french toast from KeKe's? Answer: Very!!!

So there you have it, five things I did this summer!! What have you been up to?!

No comments:

Post a Comment