Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Try It Tuesday: Addaday

"Disclaimer: I received an Addaday Pro to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"



I am going to go ahead and spoil any anticipation there might have been about how I feel about my Addaday and tell you right from the start that I am completely in love with it and I have no idea how I lived without one.

I have not always been the best at dedicating time to recovery. Sometimes I think I am hardwired to go until I can't anymore.  For obvious reasons, this can make training a little complicated.  While I am still learning to schedule rest days for myself before my body demands them, I am working hard on taking care of my muscles.  The Addaday makes this a lot easier because, unlike a foam roller, you do not have to have access to floor space.  In fact, mine has mostly been used while sitting in my car.  Thanks to I4 traffic twice a day, my legs were usually feeling great by the time I got to where I was going! A foam roller can't do that!



The Addaday also has the added perk of being scientifically designed to help you release all the aches and pains you accumulate throughout the day. The knobs are made to feel like fingers and elbows like you would experience during a massage.  The little red knob is an added bonus because it is really great for targeting the places that need more precise pressure. The gears are also spaced to make it easier to maneuver the Addaday around your body. I find that they are perfect for running up either side of my spine at the same time...which feels amazing! One of my other favorite features is that the Addaday doesn't grab your hair.  My hair is longer so I have gotten stuck just trying to roll over in bed. Foam rollers obviously present a challenge if I want to target anything above mid back.  With the Addaday I was able to use the gears to dig into the knots in my shoulders without worrying about being bald by the time I was done. That is a win win situation if you ask me.

One of the very best things about the Addaday is that you do not have to be an expert to use it.  How many times have you looked at diagrams of how to use something and felt completely lost? Feeling better should not be complicated like that! If you visit the Addaday website they actually have videos to walk you through uses of the roller to help with different problems.  

Between running, cross training, and moving this weekend as well as having a job that keeps me on my feet for most of the day, I can use all the help I can get to keep my body happy with me. I have had incredible results using my Addaday.  The results are made even better by the fact that I am able to easily carry it with me so I do not have to consciously schedule recovery time into my day.  When soemthing aches, I am able to spend some time on it without having to find open floor space to roll around on.  I did get a few funny looks from my traffic jam neighbors, but that's just because they don't know what they are missing out on!

Do you have questions about the Addaday?  Let me know!
If you want one of your very own (you do!) you can find the Pro as well as many other options on the Addaday website.

No comments:

Post a Comment