Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Five: Fitness Trends I Want to Try

It's Friday! That means I am linking up with Friday Five hosted by Mar on the RunYou Signed Up for What?, and Eat Pray Run DC.  If you haven't checked out this weekly link up I highly recommend doing so!

It seems like every time you turn around there is a new fitness craze.  I am often way too busy during the hours that these things are offered, or I am too far away from where they are happening.  I was a PureBarre fiend for a few months since I drove past two studios twice every day.  Eventually we moved and the cost of the membership and the distance to the studio caused me to nix the habit.  That said, I realized there is a big fun fitness world out there and they some of these crazes really do live up to the hype!  So, this week I want to share with you the 5 fitness trends I want to give a shot!

1) SUP and SUP yoga. Ok this trend has been around for a while now, but I think it is still trendy so I am putting it on here!  I am just straight up too terrified to try this kind of thing in Florida because I am convinced I will fall off into the water and be eaten by an alliator.  Disregard the fact that I have only seen two real live alligators since I moved here. The danger is real.  That said, Stand Up Paddleboarding looks like a blast and I just really really want to try it...in safer waters.

2) Spin class. Again, this is not a new concept, but I feel like spin classes are really having a moment and I want to get in on it.  I think it would totally destroy my legs but in a kinda upbeat and fun way right?

3) OrangeTheory. These studios are popping up everywhere! I am usually skeptical about all the claims these fitness studios make, but I really like the concept of their workouts targeting a certain heart rate zone. Plus it is displayed so you can be all competitive with the other people in the class. Whether they know it or not. 

4) Camp Gladiator. Is this a fad or does it just keep popping up in random places in my life?  I feel like it doesn't have the media attention so much, but I keep hearing so many little bits and pieces about it that I feel like I need to give it a shot.  Not to mention the idea of group workouts that are still different all the time is very appealing!

5) Aerial yoga.  I mean does it not look like the coolest thing ever? The only thing that has held me back so far is my acceptance of the fact that my upper body strength does not exist so I am a little scared that I would not be able to keep up!  That said, the yoga studio I go to does offer aerial classes so I need to sign up soon!

Have you tried any of these? Do they live up to the hype? 
What wourkout crazes are on your must try list?!

Have a great Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try SUP or aerial yoga but I know I'd be terrible at both! I don't think we have an OrangeTheory in Philly yet. And spinning is HUGE, so many studios popping up. I just wish they weren't so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to take spin classes and they are a GREAT workout!

    ReplyDelete