Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wedding Planning Wednesday Update

Alrighty, so it has been a while since I did one of these posts...and I just have a lot on my mind that I wanted to share!

To start with, our wedding is just over a month away!  How crazy is that? It's insane to think that we have been engaged for well over a year now. I have no idea how people can plan a wedding on short timelines. I am impressed with their mad skills.

The best decision I have made regarding wedding planning since my last wedding related blog post (or really the best decision in the whole process) was to hire a Day of Coordinator.  If you are getting married in the Orlando area, contact Rebekkah at Runway Events.  Even though she is technically just our Day Of Coordinator, she has gone above and beyond to provide recommendations for all the vendors I have not booked yet and from the very first consultation I had with her she made me feel like this whole thing was going to work out just fine.

On the downside of things, I am still waiting to hear from one bridesmaid about whether or not she will actually be attending the wedding.  So that is fun.

On the other downside, the friend who was going to be our officiant let me know yesterday that she wasn't going to be able to make it due to a lot of scheduling conflicts, so I am now scrambling to find a new officiant with only a little over a month to go...and my wedding is at one of the busiest times of the year. Luckily I really have the very best DOC so I at least had an idea of where to start!

Back to the upside of things, next week is going to be a ton of fun.  I have an appointment for my hair and makeup trial (in the morning before work so I am going to look fabulous for my shift haha) on Wednesday then our venue visit back out to Birdsong Barn with Rebekkah to make a solid plan for how things will go on the wedding day!

It is finally starting to feel just a little more real!

Question: If you are married, did you use an officiant that you did not personally know? I am freaking out a little so tell me happy stories ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment